The nifty little pipe is a little more than 3 inches long (8 centimeters or so) and the bowl is full sized, making a very interesting profile. The bit is quite short making the pipe a little more difficult to clinch in the teeth, but it is very light and sits well in the mouth.
I filled the pipe with a little Peterson’s University flake, I discovered that the interior of the bowl was considerably larger than I had expected. It took a full flake to fill the bowl.
The pipe lit easily and readily and I found it very easy to keep lit without having to puff too hard, though the pipe got a little warm, and the smoke was a little hotter than normal, but I suppose that’s why they call it a punch.
The pipe fits comfortably in almost any pocket I tried it in and doesn’t protrude or poke uncomfortably even in a pants pocket.
The pipe is good to smoke easily 3 to 4 times a day without over moisture because of the short shank and stem.
Overall, an impressive little pipe for under $60 USD. I highly recommend this little pipe for anyone who needs a small pipe to fit in a pocket unobtrusively.
Numerous places sell them, and Smoking Pipes has a Chacom punch bent billiard available right now at this link; Chacom Punch bent billiard
- Happy Birthday to Me (Peterson University Flake & Nording Carved Tomato) (smokingjacketblog.wordpress.com)
- On The Art of Pipe Collecting (smokingjacketblog.wordpress.com)
- Pipe smoking advice. (smokingjacketblog.wordpress.com)
- Why I smoke a pipe (smokingjacketblog.wordpress.com)
- Pipe Particulars Part VI: Mario Grandi Magnum Oom Paul (theleatherlibrary.wordpress.com)
- Pipe Particulars Part VII: Joe Case Mjolnir (theleatherlibrary.wordpress.com)
- Pipe Particulars Part IV: Ben Wade Bent (theleatherlibrary.wordpress.com)