Submissions Are Open!
Have an idea for an article? We accepting submissions from freelance writers.
- We are looking for reviews or think pieces on tobacco or tobacco-related products. Examples:
- A review of a premium cigar, esoterica pipe tobacco, a tobacco-based shisha product, etc.
- An article on the history of smoking in the military
- An article on collecting Civil War pipes
- What to look for when selecting a good pipe
- How to blend your own tobaccos
- How to recognize a genuine Cuban premium cigar from a fake
- Submissions should be a minimum of 750 words, with a loose upper limit of about 2000 words. If you want to send us something longer than that, please query us first.
- Submissions should be in English, but we don’t care which dialect you submit in. Canadian, American, U,K. … it’s all good!
- Unless English is your second language, please don’t make us correct your grammar and spelling. If English is your second language, we’ve got a lot more patience!
- Reviews and similar should be accompanied by your own photos. They don’t have to be fancy, but it helps if you made an effort to compose them well. We don’t expect professional photographer quality (although that wouldn’t hurt!) There’s no room in the form for this, so we’ll get you to send it to us later in email.
- Failing that, please try to find us at least one (preferably more) public domain images that we can use instead.
- We believe in diversity and especially welcome submissions from marginalized groups.
- You must be of legal smoking age in your country/state/province etc., and you must be at least 19 years of age so that we can comply with Canadian law.
If we decide to use your article, we pay $10 USD per article upon publication. Please note that at the moment, it may be some time before we publish it, as we are just relaunching the magazine. We’ll need to get your payment information upon acceptance.
We are asking for First World English Print Rights. That means that you’ve never published your article anywhere else in English.
Please indicate if your article is a reprint, and where and when it was originally published. We trust that your piece is unencumbered by other obligations if you choose to submit it to us (in other words, you’re allowed to publish it elsewhere aside from your original publication and any period of exclusivity has expired.
Thanks so much for your submission!